Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Row By Row Day 2--MD stores

Today I set off at 9:30am to drive to several quilt shops in MD. Yesterday in northern VA I drove 136.6 miles to visit 9 shops in 6 hours. Today I drove 159.2 miles to visit 6 shops in 6 hours.




#1  Prints Charming in Fulton, MD. They had kits with different fabrics in several color ways so you could pick what your fish will be. I chose autumn colors.



#2  Spring Water Design in Columbia, MD. This shop also had 3 color ways for their row. They sold fat quarter bundles of each type. The row they had made in 30s prints was cute but too light. So I chose their original color way.




#3  Cottonseed Glory in Annapolis, MD. I have seen Cottonseed Glory at quilt shows for years and shopped there but I had never been to their shop in Annapolis! It was very cute and PACKED with fabric and patterns everywhere. I bought several items along with the kit for their adorable row of sailboats.


#4  Bears Paw Fabrics in Towson, MD. Getting to this shop was a bit scary. I went through a tunnel and paid a toll and drove in the crazy Baltimore beltway traffic. The yellow row with cute flowers in pots was a must have --otherwise I wouldn't have driven way up there in that traffic! Nice shop and yes they had a kit! Yay.



#5 Ellicott City Sew Vac in Ellicott City, MD.  Along with the row and kit, I found several other neat things in this shop. Although I enjoyed shopping there I probably won't go back since it's 45 miles from home.



#6  Patches in Mt Airy, MD. I shop here from time to time so I'm familiar with this adorable shop. I was tired by the time I stopped there so I just bought the kit and headed home.

But I wasn't too tired to start on the adorable sail boats from Cottonseed Glory! Tomorrow I'm staying home to sew some of the fun things I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment