Sunday, November 18, 2018

Jelly Roll Rug


Jelly Roll Rug    27" x 41"

Start with a roll of batting 2 1/4" wide by Bosal called Katahdin On-A-Roll, and the Jelly Roll Rug pattern by RJ Designs then add......




.....one jelly roll of pretty fabric Kaffe Fasset by Free Spirit.

The strips of fabric are sewn together end to end. As I did this I wound them onto an empty toilet paper roll.

To keep the batting and fabric tidy while unwinding I hung a dowel rod off the back of my sewing table and slid the fabric and batt roll onto it.

The fabric and batt came up from below.

Fold both sides toward the middle and sew.

I let the sewn "rope" puddle on the floor.

When the fabric was gone I still had a little batting left on the roll.

Since green was the last color off the spool it became the center of the rug. Zigzag stitch going around and around and around.

This rug is for Sasha to sleep on while in my sewing room.

She loves her rug.

She loves it more when it's in the sunshine.




No comments:

Post a Comment