Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Radiance

I'm not sure how it happened but I saw this quilt called Radiance designed by Stacey Day featuring Slow and Steady fabrics by Tula Pink and fell in love with it.

Radiance Quilt Pattern 

With a little research I found the free pattern, downloaded it and printed it. FREE.

Slow and Steady fabrics designed by Tula Pink. 
This is the Tortoise and the Hare story. This set of fabrics includes: the tortoise, the hare, pit crew, grandstand, clear skies, winner's circle, track flags and tortoise shell.

To make cutting easier there is a set of acrylic templates for sale.

I loved how complicated yet simple the design is. Like a puzzle.

The fabrics were so gorgeous I really enjoyed "working" on this quilt.


I cut all the diamonds and set them in 2 trays.

The way I did the triangle part was to cut sets of the background 3.5" x 4.5" and had those fabrics in order of use laid on my ironing board. Then I cut the triangles as I needed them.

Sewing was fun, fun, fun.

To make sure the blocks didn't get lost or out of order I sewed them into rows as I finished them. There is a single center row that connects mirror image halves. I started on the outside rows and made 2 of each block working toward the center.

Finished including the quilt label.

I looked at the quilt from each direction to decide which way I wanted it to hang.

For now "Radiance" is hanging like this.

I enjoyed the challenge of this quilt as it helped settle my mind during the weeks leading up to my daughter Lynn's wedding. Welcome to the family J.R. Southers!










1 comment: