My goal was to finish this quilt by early November...
Victory is mine! It's done. The pieced center part of my quilt has 72 Shoo Fly blocks and 71 Double 9 Patch blocks. The original pattern "Omigosh!" by Susan H Garman is larger with over 100 of each block. My finished quilt is 60" x 70".
This is the pattern I used. Next step was to choose border fabrics.
These were all possibilities for the border but I didn't choose any of them for various reasons. (Although I did like the yellow with a narrow red accent, lower right.)
I chose to use an aqua print with a cream accent stripe for the border.
One reason for choosing these was the fact that I had yardage of both so I could use them for the back too! I pieced the backing and added a lovely purple too.
The quilt was spray basted and ready to quilt on Halloween.
Haha Mummy thread from King Tut!!
My old faithful Bernina 1530 is sometimes temperamental and won't sew the lefthand stitches of the wavy line so I stopped and quilted it on my newer Bernina. I left these stitches in the quilt because I love my old machine and don't fault her for skipped stitches. She sewed the bulk of the quilt already!
Snap Chats I sent on Halloween included this one while I was adding the borders.
I finished the quilt on Thursday November 2nd. I used the purple for the binding.
I love the bright orange Sassafras tree in the background. It earns it's place in our yard by it's gorgeous fall colors each year.
The pattern looks complicated but the directions are clear and the method is easy.
Final size is 60" x 70".
For my gecko followers...yes! there is one fussy cut square!
Link to Finish it Friday.