I love the red and white blocks.
I elected to use one constant red.
To find a large enough space to lay all the blocks out I had to move the bed in Lynn's old bedroom.
I tweaked the pattern by adding an extra row of white squares so that the last row of red squares remain squares and weren't turned into triangles.
This is how the bed was flipped up against the wall to make room to lay out the quilt. This was where I basted the quilt too.
I did fussy cut these I LOVE YOU! bits for this flower.
The back of the quilt is a fun floral plus a yellow center.
Adding the black and white binding by machine was cumbersome on this large quilt.
All the flowers have 2 different fabrics plus a yellow center. I tried to use 100 different yellows for the flowers but when I was putting safety pins in the centers to baste the quilt I found that there was one duplicate! So 99 yellows. But all 100 flowers are different.
The back has a large yellow square with the floral surrounding it.
Finished and labeled too!
Since we aren't currently using a frame for this bed it sits lower and is easier to move. For now this quilt is living in this bedroom because it matches the walls! Before washing my quilt was 84" x 84". After machine washing and drying it was 79" x 79". This was SO MUCH FUN to make!! Happiness!
Finish it Friday link up at Crazy Mom Quilts.