This is the original pattern I modified.
Because my machine sits down in a table I needed a 22" cover from front to back.
These blocks are 11" each PLUS the setting fabric.
So I modified the pattern to be 9" x 11".
I love the background fabric and chose these batiks to go with it.
This is the back. (Thanks, Mom!)
I quilted following the orange lines first, then green, then white.
On the front side I quilted between the previous lines of quilting.
My bobbin thread was white and the top thread was multi-colored.
I cut 4 ties 1 1/2" x 18" and double folded them, stitched both long sides, then sewed them 5" from each end.
The quilt is 17 1/2" x 22 1/2". The strip of fabric between the blocks was cut 2 1/2" wide and the strips on either end of the quilt were cut 1 1/2". To make the quilt wide enough I added 3 1/2" strips to both sides.