Friday, October 28, 2016

Bugs and Hisses




This year's Halloween quilt is "Bugs and Hisses" by Sandy Fitzpatrick. 22" x 37"

This spider is really cute and I love how the eyes have dots in them from the background!

Fun colored thread adds interest.

Witchy fingers.


Getting my high heels ready for Halloween.

This is the pattern by Sandy Fitzpatrick.

Before quilting I needed to CLEAN my machine. Look at the lint!!

All better. Plus a fresh needle.

The back of this quilt has bugs on it too.


I thought I'd experiment with circular quilting on this one and radiate from the cute spider.


I got the idea for circular quilting from Crazy Mom Quilts. Amanda Jean Nyberg made a gorgeous  "Scrap Vortex" quilt and did spiral quilting on it. Read the post about her Scrap Vortex here. My small wall hanging was much easier to spin around than a large quilt. I don't know how she managed it!
I like to sew the binding to the BACK of my quilts first.

Then flip it toward the front.

And sew it down with a decorative stitch!

Sasha and Loralai are happy that I'm finished.



5 comments:

  1. I'll take the hugs, you can keep the bugs! Lovely decorative stitching on the binding, and the circular quilting is perfect! It's so pretty - I'd love if you link to my Finished or Not Friday Linky Party at Busy Hands Quilts each week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely gorgeous, I love everything about it, from the bugs to the matching striped stockings and binding! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the fun details that you added as well as the amazing circle quilting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Halloween quilt and those shoes look like they were fun to sew - a great job all round :)

    ReplyDelete