Saturday, October 18, 2014

Scrap Happy Purse

This Scrap Happy Purse was designed by Amanda Jean Nyberg.
Her Crazy Mom Quilts blog is amazing. 
To begin this purse project I cut little pieces from all the fabrics I pulled out for
Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt that will begin late November.


Quilting straight lines 1/4" to 1/2" apart.


Side 1.


Side 2.


A fun fabric peeking out.


The handles were purchased at Joann Fabrics.


I also put 2 magnetic closures instead of just one.


This green lining fabric is leftover from the back of my Celtic Solstice quilt.


The remaining scraps went into this small project. 
It's just a court house steps block with flowers cut free form with pinking sheers.


These 2 projects are a test to see if the fabrics chosen for the mystery quilt will play nicely together.
I'd say the answer is yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment