Friday, May 20, 2016

Finished -- Tropical Palm Tree

This is "Tropical Palm Tree" by Southwind Designs.
It is a small wall hanging measuring 19" x 28".
This quilt has NO curved piecing and NO cut triangles. Magic!!



Piecing a quilt together is something that I REALLY enjoy and I'm pretty good at it.
Machine quilting is not easy for me. This quilt took me out of my comfort zone. It might look ok from a distance but the quilting is far from accurate. (I just hope it doesn't annoy me to look at it.)

I love this wavy stitch! It's my very favorite and very forgiving.

My straight lines are not spaced evenly but ---close enough to be ok.

My grid is uneven. See the smaller squares near the leaves and larger ones down below?
How does that happen when I draw a perfect grid? 

I just winged this squared spiral.

Outlining the leaves makes them pop!

Wavy lines up and down the tree trunk keep it anchored.

I have done HUNDREDS of bindings and consider myself somewhat of an expert but every now and then I goof up like this. Somehow I have one extra twist in the binding when joining the last seam.

Seam ripper to the rescue. Tada! 
This is how it was supposed to look the first time.

My Tropical Palm Tree is finished!
I've ordered more patterns from Southwind Designs since I like this easy method of no curved piecing. So stay tuned for more curvy fun stuff.




1 comment: