Saturday, June 4, 2016

Irish Double Wedding Ring



This is an unusual version of double wedding ring. It has squares folded into triangles and then top stitched to make the curves. The pattern is Forever Yours by Southwind Designs. I'm making the small throw size for a wedding gift. The bride has Irish blood and her mother was pregnant with her as she was one of my bridesmaids. So Shannon was at my wedding.....in a way!
The top photo is Shannon in her mother's arms when she was 1 year old.
The bottom photo is Shannon and Matt's Save the Date alert.


This is the pattern. I made a colored chart to keep track of the color rings.

I'm using 5 different green fabrics for the "rings".

To add interest I fussy cut the words SEW HAPPY and SEW IN LOVE for one of the arcs. 
Since they had a blue background I added a blue folded piece.

This is the finished top. I elected to skip the final white borders for various reasons.


This yellow Kaffe Fasset print was perfect to bring the yellow, orange and green together.



I really like this backing fabric on this quilt. It has the orange, yellow, green and some purple too.
I posted this photo on Facebook and asked other quilters if they thought the backing was ugly or OK. I have gotten over 900 likes and over 500 comments so far. I think about 95% of the responses were positive. I sure hope Shannon and Matt don't think it's ugly!!


Labeled!

Finished!
I'm posting this on June 4, 2016 which is the wedding day.
Shannon and Matt, I wish you a life full of fun, family and happiness.

Linking with Finish it Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.









1 comment:

  1. A beautiful quilt and finish - love the little personal details. Best wishes to your dear friends Shannon and Matt and I hope their special day turned out perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete