Friday, September 23, 2016

Knot-Sewber Fairy Godmother

I just couldn't resist the fun of making this "Knot-Sewber" Fairy Godmother.

 The 2016 Row By Row license plate is from the shop Bolts to Blocks in Albany, Oregon. I purchased it from their Etsy shop BoltsToBlocks. I like this license plate for the colors and the sentiment.

These are the foundation papers for this fairy from Paper Panache. I colored some of the pieces for 2 reasons. First is to see if I like what it will look like and second is to reduce piecing errors. I changed the shape of her face a little bit so it wasn't so angular at the top and near the eyes.

I like to do the piecing from the top down. Plus I was excited to see if the red Kaffe Fasset fabric I'd chosen for the hair would actually work. 

I wanted a deep red like the glass of wine on the license plate to tie it in.

Is it 5:00 yet?

You know I love my gecko!!!

What do you think about the risky fabric choices? Remember this is not supposed to be a life-like portrait. It's an art piece of a fairy godmother.

I'm really pleased with how it's turning out!
Now I need to decide if I want to frame it or quilt it. 
I'm leaning toward quilting but for now I can enjoy her smile. 
Cheers!


1 comment: