Monday, January 1, 2018

Plaid Strings UFO Finished


Several years ago I started this plaid quilt which was a Bonnie Hunter design called The Quilt That Love Built. I used yellow pages as the paper foundation to sew the plaid blocks. Once all 81 blocks were done I worked on the sashing units. I had all but 30 finished when I packed it away in a UFO box. This fall when my quilt bee had a mini quilt retreat, I took this UFO to work on when my On Ringo Lake (Bonnie Hunter 2017 Quiltville Mystery quilt) clue was done.

All plaid fabrics!

Here are all the units for the 100 9 Patch posts. One thing I've learned from doing the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilts each fall is that I can sew an enormous amount of units in a short amount of time if I keep at it.

When looking for backing fabric I found this 108" wide red that I already had!

I assembled the quilt quickly and quilted it on a snowy day in early December.

All done with binding too!!

Before washing it was 84" x 84".

I love how it looks woven. 
My mom is a weaver so she was the recipient of the quilt this Christmas.




Plaid Strings finished! 
The quilt on the quilt rack in the corner is Celtic Solstice the 2013 Quiltville Mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter. 

1 comment: