Thursday, January 9, 2020

2020 Temperature Quilt Beginnings

So to make 2020 special I'm tracking the high and low temperatures for Pinehurst and will incorporate them into a Temperature Quilt. To get started I went to Weather.com, plugged in Pinehurst, NC, then looked at the Almanac for the highs and lows for 2019.

Temperature 2019 Tally

I tallied each temp and was surprised by the results. We only had3 days total that the high was in the 30's and we had 99 days with the high in the 90's. Wow. I think last year was unusually warm but it does give me an idea what to expect.
These Bella Solids will be used for my LOW temperatures.

These print fabrics will be used for the HIGH temperatures.

This is my plan for a graph. 
I will foundation piece the blocks with HIGH in center and LOW on the corners. 

Piecing the months.

Months!

Numbers too!

Twiddletails Temperature Quilt Along is a group on Facebook that I joined where quilters share their ideas and questions as we make our individualized 2020 Temperature quilts.

More to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment