Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Felicia's Flamingo

Felicia's Flamingo began with a request from Jessica that I make a small tropical wall quilt for her mom who just moved to Florida. Sure I'm up for a challenge.

I drew the flamingo on graph paper and numbered the grid.


Using the drawing as my "map" I plotted where the bird was. Outlines first.


This flamingo must like Mac N Cheese. Look at all the pieces I cut out of this fabric!




There are 18 x 24 one inch squares covering the cutting mat.
Time to sew them all together.



Once all the vertical seams are done it was half as wide!



Look how tiny it is now!

One tiny bead to finish the eye!

Felicia's Flamingo is gorgeous!

This project was so much fun I may have to make another one!

This is the quilt hanging by the Save The Date card for Chris and Jessica's proposed wedding in September. I hope and pray all goes well but with this crazy Coronavirus who can tell.





1 comment:

  1. Oh this turned out beautifully!! I love your flamingo...great job on this ~ ~ ~ waving from afar julierose

    ReplyDelete