Saturday, July 5, 2014

More rows and license plates

Today I finished a row of fish and then began sewing the license plates with other fabrics.

For the license plates I used leftover scraps from the original kit to go around the quilt shop and then used a pack of Kaffe Fasset strips in summery colors.

I plan to use these with each row to remember where each row came from.

This fish row is from Prints Charming in Fulton, MD. I mis-cut one fish and had to substitute another fabric for it. Oops. I also didn't follow the directions to cut pairs of the background fabric with right sides facing so the water all flows one direction. Oops. My fish are in a whirlpool. Well...maybe a motorboat just zoomed by and churned up the water....

I might add eyes to the fish after its quilted.....

Now I'm off to Boston for the weekend to see 3 Red Sox games. So no sewing... until Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment