Friday, February 6, 2015

Jack Sparrow in fabric

On the web site Fandom In Stitches I found a file for a 12" x 12" foundation pieced Jack Sparrow block designed by Michelle Thompson. My son is a Jack Sparrow fan and his birthday is coming up soon. I thought he might like a portrait of Jack to hang on the wall of his bachelor pad. So I printed the foundation papers and pulled a bunch of fabric out.



Check out the detail!! Are you intimidated yet?

Cover sheet of all the pieces and where they go.

Starting with A. This unit has 15 pieces!

This is unit A and B sewn together.

And we have eyes!

It's a slow process but it's coming along.

Look at this GREAT feather fabric I found in may stash!

Look at all those seams!

Done.

I had to use tweezers to get all the tiny pieces out.

I'm not completely pleased with his nose but I haven't figured out what to do about it.
But Michelle Thompson did an excellent job designing this!



No comments:

Post a Comment