Saturday, July 23, 2016

Civil War Tote

While cleaning out my studio I came across this tote from 2014 that was almost finished. It only needed the side seams sewn, handles and binding! Voila. Finished!
It's a large tote! I used a license plate from 2014 for a pocket on the front.

These 2 pockets have zippers. I like how the license plate colors match the project.


This tote was constructed like this: a bunch of squares sewn in the above pattern.
(This way you know exactly how to do the boxy corners because they are "pre-cut".)

Instead of buttons I used fabric for the eyes and nose.

I love the quilting on the snowman.

The tote body was quilted separately from the snowman. 
I used pinking shears to cut the snowman to shape and quilted it onto the body of the tote.

No pocket on the inside but you can see all the quilting.

This tote was finished November 2014. 
It's brother was finished July 2016.
That is a happy UFO finish!!



3 comments:

  1. Adorable. I think the license plate snowmen would make cute pillows for the holidays, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I think the license plate snowmen would make cute pillows for the holidays, too.

    ReplyDelete