Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bathrobe blocks Progress update

I took a quilt (needing to be washed) and laid it white side up on the floor. Then I got my box of blocks and started laying them out to see how much space they would cover. The quilt in the photo is 78 x 78. I'm about halfway through making one each of the Free Patterns on the Quiltville Quips & Snips website so there will be many more blocks to come!!! This arrangement was just to see how much area the blocks occupied. I didn't try to make this attractive at all! And of course I would need some sashing to help set this together. So don't despair that I have an ugly quilt happening. This is a work in progress.

I think maybe I will have to either make one huge sampler quilt or make a two sided sampler. 
I'm not sure I can make a bathrobe out of these blocks. Maybe I will just choose a few...

While I was laying the blocks on the quilt I instructed my two "helpers" to just watch:

And they did watch. They were very patient. So sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment