Monday, March 30, 2015

The Love Project--overview and special paint

Finished cutting the RED paint and the dark CRANBERRY pink paint! YAY. (Tedious.)
Red done. Some are 1" x 1 1/2" for the outer border.

Cranberry dark.

OK this is the plan. This is a cross stitch pattern with a grid.
This was designed by The Tiny Modernist

To piece it in fabric I need it in smaller sections. 
So I enlarged it and printed the pattern as a 16 page poster.
Each of these pages is 8 1/2 x 11.

Added to the regular colors are special pieces.
I cut numbers out of these bingo cards!
7-25-2015

Look how my fabric resembles swiss cheese!

I pulled out a bunch of heart/love fabric to go with the theme.

All these are special squares that will be "painted" into the quilt.


Now for another example of a 1/2" grid quilt:

This is "Quilt Show On The Beach". 2004
The 3 tiny quilts hanging on the line are actually miniature versions of quilts I've made before.
The patterns for "Lily Baskets", "Sister's Keepsake" and "Mended Hearts" are for sale in my Etsy shop HERE.

The little airplane is one that is used in scrapbooking.

The palm tree was added last.

When you lift up the Mended Hearts quilt you can see tiny squares of my "Justin" and "Digital JC" in the lowest row of sky. The crab is 2 squares wide so I had to fussy cut each side of it.


And I'll leave you with Calvin and Hobbes making silly faces. 
They are actually photos from a quilt I made for the Hoffman fabric challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment