Monday, March 2, 2015

Another "Scrap Happy Purse" because it's FUN

The first Scrap Happy Purse I made was using the Grand Illusion colors. It was ok but not to my tastes as a purse. The pattern is wonderful! Amanda Jean Nyberg at Crazy Mom Quilts designed it and sells the PDF version here.  I like it so much I had to do it again in different colors and fabrics. This set of fabrics is called Ashton Road by Valorie Wells for Robert Kaufman Fabrics. I used the selvages too because it's fun. To the Ashton Road set I added 2 yellows, and 2 aboriginal fabrics.


This purse is a great size!
I marked the rows in the order I wanted them.

This project uses a surprisingly small amount of fabric. It will not deplete your scrap supply.
I didn't take a picture of the MESS it was with little strips ALL OVER the place.
But all is well now with all scraps contained--either sewn or bagged.
Both panels look similar as I hoped they would.

This is a Snapchat I sent to Lynn as I was quilting the panels.

I used 2 magnetic closures instead of one.
And I added tabs to hold the handles I purchased at Joann Fabrics.

Before tucking the lining inside I took these photos.
I added a second narrow pocket. 
(One for glasses and one for pens.)

Big pocket for other stuff.

Lots of room to hold things. A magazine and an iPad will fit in this purse.

Detail of my tab and snap.
I'm sure this isn't the last Scrap Happy Purse I will make.

Can I get a Whoop Whoop?


2 comments: