Friday, April 10, 2015

The Love Project--horizontal seams

Wednesday we spent the day driving to NC. 
I unpacked my sewing machine Thursday and managed to sew the top section.



I always begin with the seams pointing up.
Every other row is pointed UP.
I sew all of those then trim.


See how it looks like mountains before ironing?

This is the top section with half the seams sewn.

This is done. 
The 1" squares are now 1/2" with the seam allowance trimmed or hidden on the back of the quilt top.


This cute little trio resides here in NC. 
Each panel is 5 1/2" x 11 1/2".

This is morning, noon, and evening at the beach.
I used the exact same shape to make the trees, sun and girl's hair.
Those shapes were appliquéd on after piecing.

Find 5 SMILES.

Find 5 FACES.

Find 5 BUTTERFLIES.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment