Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Love Project--quilted and bound

Choosing thread to quilt with...
I chose the lighter one (on left) because it wasn't as noticeable on the white areas. 

I quilted a wiggly grid every 3rd row.
 I marked these with a marker on the extra batting.

The binding was sewn to the BACK of the quilt,
 then flipped to the front and secured with a wiggly stitch.

This is "The Love Project" finished!
It measures 22" x 36".
This is from a cross stitch pattern designed by Tiny Modernist.
 I made it for my son, Earl, and his adorable fiancé, Katie.

Hidden in this quilt are:10 love bugs, 2 HUGS & KISSES squares, 2 I LOVE YOU squares, 1 cat, 4 "Whos" from Whoville, 2 clowns, 2 odd turtles, 2 lambs, 2 owls, 2 dogs, 2 E heart K, 1 K heart E, 1 "Scary" mouse, 1 O's bird, 1 hen, 1 teapot, 1 BEER, 1 EARL, 1 KATIE, 1 wedding date, 1 diamond ring, 1 FREE square, plus lots and lots of happy faces, hearts and LOVE.

Can you find them all? (Katie likes puzzles.)
There is some overlap in the following photos to make sure it all shows. Enjoy!



Earl and Katie, I love you!

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday.

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful finish, a beautiful little quilt - so many hours of cutting and sewing but well worth the effort. Earl and Katie will be so proud to display this on their wall :)
    I've been looking at your other projects - each one so unique and individual. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is beautiful. How do you select your fabric so that you have just the right size images for your tiny squares? There are so many unique items to find in this quilt. I hope Katie has much fun with this puzzle. May Earl and Katie have many happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been making these 1/2" square type quilts for 15 years now so I'm VERY familiar with the exact size that will show in a 1/2" window. I've been collecting fabrics for years that work with this method. Sometimes I take my little 1" template with the 1/2" window with me to the store so I can test new fabrics.

      Delete
  3. Very very cool - I love it (excuse the pun!) Worth all the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. amazing amount of detail.

    ReplyDelete